Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/carpet problem

Question
My wife and I purchase some new carpet that was professionally installed by the retail store who sold us the carpet.  We had to very good installers.  It was installed mid December 2012 and a few days ago the carpet was snagged by suitcase placed on the rug but never open or closed.  Simply resting on the carpet.  It was a suitcase commonly used by people for carryon luggage for airport overhead compartments with wheels.  When she moved the case it must have snagged the rug and it pulled out about 8 inches of carpet leaving a hole.  The carpet did not tear in any way it simply pulled out of what looked like a glued backing.

We (my wife and I) are very concerned about the quality of the carpet and believe this should not have happened.  We feel this could happen again and again over the normal life of the carpet.  Because of this we demanded the store talk to the manufacturer and tell them we would like to move to a higher quality carpet and we will pay the difference in price to the higher quality and they should pay to remove this carpet and pay for the new installation.

Answer
Hi Chuck,

While I dont deal with carpeting I could do my best to help you out. Before we move forward, can you let me know what the carpet company said? Were they willing to work with you on "trading up"?

All the best,

Omri Schwartz

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/  

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz