Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/1944 Bagdad rugs

I have 3 multicoloured, wool rugs purchased in Baghdad in 1944. They are 4X6 feet each. I also have the original dated receipt which my father kept after he purchased these rugs. I was wondering if you could provide me with an idea of their worth so that I may be prepared when I sell them. They have no holes, tears or repairs and the colours are bright.
Thank you so much.

Hi Pamela,

I Would need to see images of the rugs to be able to give you an estimate.

(Please note that I will be away from tomorrow till Thursday, so if I dont see it in time today, I will get back to you later on in the week).

In the meantime, feel free to take a look at this article about pricing antique rugs:

Have a wonderful day!

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.