Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/any help with info on large tapestry

Question
tapestry
tapestry  
Good day;I'm hoping you could give me a little info on a this Tapestry I have.I've got no idea of the date or where it would have been made.It was a purchase off a local classified,I had quite a shock when it arrived,I didn.t realize it's size.
Anything you could tell me would be a great help.
Thanks for your time

Answer
Hi Dana,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. It is a bit hard to tell for the image you provided and I would normally need a picture of the weave as well.

based on the one image you submitted... It seems like you have a machine made tapestry most likely from Italy. My best guess, based on the image, is that this piece was made around the 1930's.

Again, this is my best guess based on the image so there is a chance that I might be off a bit.

Here is some additional information about Antique Tapestries:

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/antique-tapestry/

Hope I was helpful :)

All the best,

Omri

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/  

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz