Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Old Carpet

Carpet 1
Carpet 1  

Carpet 2
Carpet 2  
Dear Sir,

I will appreciate if you can help us finding
what kind of carpets my family have (please see photos attached).

We think they are very old, but not how old?, and if they have any value?

I will appreciate your advice in this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Ariel,

The first rug (the one with the blue background color) is a Persian Tabriz - by the looks of it, I would say it is about 60 years old or there about.

The second rug is a bit tricky - I would need to see more images of it to be able to determine the precise origin (I would need to see the weave as well). It is not that old (probably not earlier than 1970's or maybe younger). It combines a few different religious elements which is unusual but very hard to sell.

Both of the rug will not have a large resale value.

Hope I was able to help :)

All the best,

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.