Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/old Italian tapestry found in an old trunk

I have an old Italian tapestry in an old trunk in my attic and I was wondering if you could help me figure out how much it is worth.

Hello Emily,

I will be happy to do my best :) Please submit an image so I could see what you have. An overall images plus a couple of close ups as well as one of the back / weave should do the trick :)

In the meantime, if you would like to learn a bit more about evaluating rugs / textiles then here are a couple of links that should be helpful:

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Omri Schwartz
Gallery Manager
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.