Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Rug Covered Pillows

Pillow 1
Pillow 1  

Pillow 2
Pillow 2  
I recently bought two large (39 in x 19 in) pillows at an estate sale. The seller told me the owner had traveled all over the world and she did not know where these pillows were bought. They are not napped rug but rather tightly woven on a loom using scratchy wool. They are crudely assembled and backed with black woven wool with thing red stripes. Can you help me identify and price these pillows? Thank you very much.

Hi Connie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I thought I had responded but I guess I forgot to click SEND!

So back to business :)

The pillows were made with pieces of Turkish Kilims (Kilims are flat woven rugs). The kilims themselves dont look to be that old - probably from the last 20 years or so.

The pillows are nice but they dont have much of a resale value - I have seen them go for $50 - $100.

Hope I was able to help and I have also included a couple of links to information I thought you would find interesting:

All the best,

Omri Schwartz
Gallery Manager
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.