Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Rug from Turkey? Follow up

Question
Weave photo
Weave photo  

Front side
Front side  
Hello, Omri,

I am following up on the questions you asked me the other day. The Rug is 7' by 4.10".  I do not see any wear and have included a close up of the weave on the back.  I also look the same picture from the front side of the rug.  The back side is really pretty, too. I hope this gives you sufficient information.  Thank you again for your assistance.

Answer
Okay... So originally I thought your rug might be an Oushak but after seeing the detailed images, the rug is actually a Kayseri. It was woven in Turkey, around 1910 and was woven using silk pile.

The designs in the boxes are prayer designs but this is not a prayer carpet.

Since I have not inspected the piece personally, I am basing the estimate on what I think the condition is (so please take it with a grain of salt).

As long as the size is correct (7 x 9) and rug does not make a cracking sound when folded and bent / twisted, and there are no old / additional repairs, I feel it should be worth about $1,000 - $2,000 (that is a fair market value based on today's trends).

I am including this link if you would like to see some comparable examples:

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/kayseri/

And here is some info about Oushak carpets:

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/antique-oushak-rugs/

I hope I was able to help. If you need more information or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me again.

All the best,

Omri Schwartz

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz