Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Tapestry

Question
Tapestry
Tapestry  

Tapestry
Tapestry  
Hi Mr. Omri, I have had this wall tapestry for the last 15 years. I found it in the attic of an old house I remodeled. It had an old frame on it that was in bad shape but it was not made of wood or metal. On the back there is a stamp that says France. There is a couple of small flaws but the clarity is awesome for being so old. Can you please get me a year and maybe value. Thank Much ken the tapestry measures 19"x 52"

Answer
Hi Ken,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for reaching out. These types of Tapestries were manufactured mostly in France and Italy during the middle part of the 20th century. They were machine made pieces and it was a huge production. As such, they are not worth much (probably only a few hundred on the retail end).

If you would like to learn more about antique Tapestries, feel free to check out:

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/antique-tapestry-antique-tapestries-

All the best,

Omri Schwartz
Gallery Manager
NAZMIYALCOLLECTION
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995
www.Nazmiyal.com
http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz