Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Tapestry

Hi Mr. Omri, I have had this wall tapestry for the last 15 years. I found it in the attic of an old house I remodeled. It had an old frame on it that was in bad shape but it was not made of wood or metal. On the back there is a stamp that says France. There is a couple of small flaws but the clarity is awesome for being so old. Can you please get me a year and maybe value. Thank Much ken the tapestry measures 19"x 52"

Hi Ken,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for reaching out. These types of Tapestries were manufactured mostly in France and Italy during the middle part of the 20th century. They were machine made pieces and it was a huge production. As such, they are not worth much (probably only a few hundred on the retail end).

If you would like to learn more about antique Tapestries, feel free to check out:

All the best,

Omri Schwartz
Gallery Manager
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.