Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Antique Persian Rugs

Dear Omri,

I purchased several oriental rugs from an estate auction around 10 years ago.  I had them cleaned years later and then put in a storage unit (moved to a smaller place).  Now looking at selling them and there are tags (could be from auction or cleaners) saying "antique Persian rug" on several, and "antique Persian Mashad" on one of them.  If I send photos it is possible to let me know how old they are?  I would like to list them online and want to be as honest and accurate as possible.
Thank you so much - I look forward to hearing from you.
- Sophia

You can submit the images to this site and I will look them over and let you know what I think. I am assuming you are looking to get the real values based on today's market?

I have some meetings so I may need to get back to you Monday.

In the meantime, if you are interested in learning about antique persian rugs then you should visit:

All the best,

Omri Schwartz

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.