Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/antique persian rug

Hi, good evening, i recently acquired this rug from a dealer and she said only thing she knows is that it is Persian. Haha. Any info on this antique rug will be appreciated. I tried to look it up and it looks caucasian tribal handwoven. Any value? Thanks

Hi Jill,

Well, the dealer was correct - it is a Persian rug and more than likely (base on the images provided) a Hamedan carpet. It not that old - probably made in the last 30 - 40 years.

You can learn more about this type of rug:

As for the value, these rugs are not collectible and as such, their value is simply decorative in nature. I would say that on a retail end it would cost under $1,000 (unless the size is very unusual).

If you want to learn more about values, you can read this comprehensive resource:

Hope I was able to help :)

Warm regards,

Omri Schwartz

Gallery Manager

31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.