Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Vintage Rug runner

Runner rug
Runner rug  

Close up of back of rug
Close up of back of ru  
Hello there, I am writing to inquire about a rug I recently acquired. I think it has a beautiful design and nice colors to it. I am hoping you can give me some information as to what kind it is, and maybe a rough estimate on value. The dimensions of the rug are 3 feet wide, by 9.5 feet long. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Hi Jonathan,

The more modern made rugs (such as this one) copy and re-invent patterns from all kinds of places and time periods. So it is very difficult to attribute the design to any one specific location or production.

The rug seems to have been woven in Turkey but in incorporating Caucasian elements.

By best gues would be that the design has its roots in the Soumak rugs (but please take that with a grain of salt as I can't be 100% certain).

You can learn more about those specific rugs here:

You can also learn more about designs and patterns here:

Hope I was able to help.

Warm regards,

Omri Schwartz

Gallery Manager
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995  

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.