Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/1930 Karastan Rug

Question
Pattern
Pattern  

Rug tag
Rug tag  
I am not sure how much help you can give me as my rug is still wrapped and I don't have a whole photo of it.  I did confirm with Karastan that it is pattern #511 and was made in 1930 but they couldn't provide any other information.

The rug was my grandmothers and she bought it brand new in San Francisco.  It was cleaned/wrapped long ago and I'm considering using it in my house but would love to know more about the old Karastan rugs and their value.

Answer
Hi Noelle,

Karastan rugs are machine made carpets that were produced in very large numbers. Unfortunately, they do not have much of a resale value. I would suggest either donating it to get a tax write-off or putting it on ebay (whatever you get for it would be okay).

Sorry I did not have better news for you.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions or need more information.

All the best,

Omri

--

Omri Schwartz

Gallery Manager
NAZMIYALCOLLECTION
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995
https://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/
omri@nazmiyal.com

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz