Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Olga Fisch 2x3 Rug/wall hanging

My grandmother left this to me. It had been in storage for years and I just came across it. It has several stains and some pilling. Can I have it restored? I believe she bought it in 1984 or 1985, but I'm not positive. Thank you!

Hi Sarah,

if you content any local and reputable rug dealer, I am sure they could take care of the cleaning and the pilling issues. I could not see the "issues" that you mentioned so my guess is that they very minor.

If you want to learn more about Olga Fisch:

Hope I was able to help :)

Omri Schwartz

Gallery Manager
31 East 32nd Street
New York, NY  10016
T  212 545 8029
F  212 213 5995

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.