Antique Safes/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Looking for some information on my safe I just bought3/21/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I just bought a S Zuckerman safe and I was wondering if II you could help me out with some ...
  A: Sorry no such thing! S. Zuckerman may have been a selling agent or a company selling the safes but ...
Old safe3/19/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have an old safe it'smade by Reliable Safe and Lock Co. It also says Garden Theater on top of it ...
  A: Basic History: The Reliable Safe & Lock Company Inc., was in business from about 1916 until about ...
Milners Safe3/19/2017Mike Palmer
  Q: We have an old Milner Safe. I was looking to find out its age, possible sale value and best place to ...
  A: In their day, Milner's was one of the world's leading safe makers. The construction of this ...
milners double door safe3/18/2017Mike Palmer
  Q: I just refurbished a double door Milners safe , the same you identified from Edinburgh in 2013. The ...
  A: Milner, in its day, was the world's largest safe maker so the round Milner's safe plate is one of ...
Syracuse safe3/18/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: if any information on it. I am sure you already know the most common questions all of which I have.I ...
  A: Sorry but I don't try to anticipate questions - you will have to let me know, specifically what ...
opening a herring-hall-marvin safe3/15/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I recently acquired an old Herring Hall Marvin safe from a friend of mine. It has a dial on it with ...
  A: If the safe has patent dates on it from Aug. 24th 1868 - then it is NOT a Herring-Hall-Marvin safe. ...
1992 Cannon safe S&G lock manipulation3/14/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I'm using the Matt Blaze's "Safecracking for the computer scientist" method to try to open a Cannon ...
  A: First the obligatory legal stuff. As this is a general purpose website, open to the public and ...
Old safe3/14/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have an old floor safe. I don't know if it's a J.Baum or a Diebold. The only thing I've found so ...
  A: Bob made it! Sorry, but my wife broke my crystal ball about the same time she killed my money tree. ...
value and age of a safe3/12/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I am looking to buy a safe from a private party that says Victor patent. highest award-grand prize. ...
  A: The Victor Safe & Lock Company was in business from 1885 until they were acquired by The Safe ...
unlocking and transporting safe3/11/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have an antique heavy black metal safe about 30x24x24? How would you suggest I transport it 400 ...
  A: A truck would be my first suggestion. It's too heavy for you to carry that far, and most people ...
Need help with York safe3/10/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: We have acquired an old HEAVY York safe in our house restoration and can't find out much safe is ...
  A: These containers came in larger models with and without wheels, and smaller models were usually ...
history of safe3/9/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: A Mosler Bahmann safe was passed down to me from my grandfather & I would like info. on its age & ...
  A: While I can give you some basic info on the manufacturer without much more info I am not going to be ...
Old safe mosler3/9/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: #218315 how old please
  A: I would have to verify the serial number to ensure that it is the safe serial number. I just had a ...
Safe value3/8/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: 2 more pics
  A: See previous email. In order to answer specific questions, identify, evaluate or appraise your ...
  Q: I just acquired an Cincinnati Safe. PIcs are attached. WAs hoping to get a value on it. THanks
  A: I would be more than happy to take a look at your safe for you, but WILL need much better quality ...
Old Gary floor safe with keys3/7/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I purchased an old Gary round floor safe at an estate sale, it has the top lid with key that opens. ...
  A: The interior lock is not TWO locks, it is a single lock. One of the key hole (nose) is for the ...
Old safe3/6/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: My husband and I bought a house in Sparks, NV a couple years ago. It came with an old safe. All I ...
  A: I would be more than happy to look at your safe for you to try to answer some of your questions. ...
Gary safe3/6/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a Gary safe that has had the wheels removed from the door I was wondering were to get parts ...
  A: There were two companies with similar names - The CARY Safe company out of Buffalo, NY and the GARY ...
Safe ID3/4/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: Do you have any idea who built this safe? Also how long they were in business?
  A: The safe was manufactured by the Diebold Safe & Lock Company. This company started in business in ...
Memphis Safe & Lock Co3/4/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I recently acquired an old Memphis Safe & Lock Co floor safe and was wondering if you could tell me ...
  A: The Memphis Safe & Lock CO., was ONLY a distributor and NOT a manufacturer. I've got a few ideas ...
Safe lock3/3/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I bought a house that has a onld York safe & lock floor safe in it. I don't know the combination on ...
  A: If you don't have the combination, then you basically have two options - #1 would be dialing ALL ...
denio&roberts sage3/2/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a Denio & Roberts safe.it also says it is "improved" and is a salamander safe.Any idea of ...
  A: Without seeing the actual safe I would be guessing. Unfortunately my wife broke my crystal ball ...
Old safe3/2/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: Just wanted to see if this old safe has any value or not
  A: Everything has "value", the question is how much. Obviously without seeing much better photos of ...
42 inch Victor Cannonball3/2/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have acquired a locked closed (no combo) Victor Cannonball. It has a top & bottom compartment. It ...
  A: Magana The "Grand prize Logo" was issued AFTER the 1904 exposition - in January of 1905. This ...
antique safe3/1/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have an antique safe from my grandmother, its in bad shape but id love to get it restored. Do you ...
  A: I've got a friend in Florida that is a safe collector - unfortunately he is in the same boat you ...
Day door in Diebold safe3/1/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a Diebold Safe or so I've been told. Maybe you know more. Inside there is a day door and I ...
  A: Sorry but no photos came through. This site isn't particularly "photo friendly" - not my site, ...
Safe2/26/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a very large safe. It was on of goodyears safe back in the day. I have no idea how to tell ...
  A: The logo on the door appears to be from the Herring-Hall-Safe Company, late 1940's through the ...
Halls safe patent 18492/25/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have this safe under the stairs at my new home. House was built in 1870. Wondering it's worth. ...
  A: Sorry but the 1849 date is the date the "PATENT" was issued and NOT when your safe was manufactured, ...
John Tann's safe2/25/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: 000 I will attach photos including serial number on inside of door also we are restoring it to ...
  A: While the John Tann safe company WAS established in 1795 your safe probably wasn't built until the ...
Reliable Safe and Lock Company2/24/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I found an old safe for sale that is made by the Reliable Safe and Lock Company. While doing some ...
  A: Sorry, but there was no such thing as a "generic combination". Every safe was set on an ...
Old Hall's & Lock Co Safe2/23/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: We have an old safe with Hall's Safe & Lock Co. Cincinnati, Oh. It has been in my husbands family ...
  A: This site isn't "photo friendly" so I'll need you to send the pics to me, along with any questions. ...
Value and history of safe2/19/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I am cleaning out my grandfathers home and he has this large safe made my J.J. Taylor Limited. ...
  A: This was one of the later model "hinged round door, chests", while it was made under the J & J ...
ball bearing that sits on hinge of door2/17/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I am looking the the two ball bearings that sit between hinge on door and the safe where do I ...
  A: If you want parts from the manufacturer - then you need to know who made your safe. You didn't ...
cannot close a Hall's safe2/17/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have an old Hall's safe, hand me down, that I attempted to lock. I have the combination, but I ...
  A: Try turning the handle to the bolts extended position as you slowly turn the dial, should be around ...
Halls safe2/16/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a Halls safe trying to get hold idea on how old it is. Serial number on handle is 15044. It's ...
  A: There were several "Hall's" Safe Companies so I'll need to see what you actually have to narrow it ...
Art Metal Amco safe model 2515322/15/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: We have a safe in one of our buildings. No one claims to know where it came from but we have ...
  A: You haven't provided me with any useable info. The model number you provided is actually a serial ...
Asbestos in Schwab Data Bank Safes2/14/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: My company has a Schwab, Data Bank, Wright Line Safe. The SMNA spec is F2-ND. The UL rating is ...
  A: First off, "NO", Schwab NEVER used asbestos as an insulation media. Secondly, I hope you guys ...
HHM safe2/14/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I have a HHM safe and I was wondering how old it is and if it is an antique.
  A: HHM was in business from 1892 until they were acquired by Diebold in 1959 and subsequently closed ...
Options to open antique safe2/14/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: I recently acquired an antique safe that I'm estimating is 100-115 years old. On the front in gold ...
  A: You have a really good safe company not to far from you, that I would recommend calling. Metro Safe ...
Safe2/12/2017Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)
  Q: How do I get a copy of your guide to antique safes. Thanks Matt
  A: Fortunately I'm about at a stopping point with the research - unfortunately (or fortunately) this ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Top Expert on this page