Antique Safes/Murphy wall safe

rtp_ii@yahoo.com wrote at 2011-06-07 19:58:20
murphy never kept records on combo's however if you find a good lock smith they should be able to open it. make sure they understand what both knobs are for and that one pulls out when you are done with the combo. i own 2 of these safes and even with the combo it is hard to open. any questions you can email me at rtp_ii at yahoo.com

Fred wrote at 2016-04-06 06:58:54
I still use one, so with mine it is a 3 number combination. 4 turns right, 3 turns left, 2 turns right. The first number can be turned as many times as you wish past 4 turns. After your first number, every time you meet a number, this counts as a round. No matter how close the number is from the previous number. After dialing the combo, pull on the same right dial. The dial will remain out if combo is done right. Then turn left knob left to open. With mine it catches a little once in a while, so I have to keep trying to turn it back and forth till it turns to open the safe. I hope this is helpful.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)