Antique Safes/weight of a safe Mosler

QUESTION: good morning
Can you tell me the weight of a safe MOSLER  built 1882 at
HAMILTON OHIO  ,  26,77" x 26,77 x 31,10  (37,40 with the wheels)
Thank you for your answer
I am in France

ANSWER: Griveau,

The safe is probably 550 kg to 700 kg (1200 to 1500 lbs).  The weight is estimated because I don't know what kind of interior your safe has.  If it has an interior chest, it could change the weight by 180 to 200 kg (400 to 500 lbs)

Note:  the kg to lb conversion was rounded for convience.

QUESTION: Good morning,
a question again, can you tell me the weight of this safe. Macneale & Urban
65.7" x 43.7" x 32.6"
For your answer, i can send you "data sheet" of french safe (Fichet, Bauche,
Nugue, Verstaen).
Thank you for your answer.

Hi Griveau

Based on the size of the safe, I would estimate it around 1500 kg - 1800 kg (3300 to 4000 lbs).

Again, as the photos don't show the interior, this would be based on the size only.   MacNeale & Urban had interior jewelers chests in many of their safes, this little interior chest could increase the weight by 225 kg to 450 kg (500 to 1000 lbs) depending on its size.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada