Antique Safes/weight of a safe Mosler

Question
mosler
mosler  
QUESTION: good morning
Can you tell me the weight of a safe MOSLER  built 1882 at
HAMILTON OHIO  ,  26,77" x 26,77 x 31,10  (37,40 with the wheels)
Thank you for your answer
I am in France

ANSWER: Griveau,

The safe is probably 550 kg to 700 kg (1200 to 1500 lbs).  The weight is estimated because I don't know what kind of interior your safe has.  If it has an interior chest, it could change the weight by 180 to 200 kg (400 to 500 lbs)

Note:  the kg to lb conversion was rounded for convience.

Andy

inside
inside  

outside
outside  
QUESTION: Good morning,
a question again, can you tell me the weight of this safe. Macneale & Urban
65.7" x 43.7" x 32.6"
For your answer, i can send you "data sheet" of french safe (Fichet, Bauche,
Nugue, Verstaen).
Thank you for your answer.

Answer
Hi Griveau

Based on the size of the safe, I would estimate it around 1500 kg - 1800 kg (3300 to 4000 lbs).

Again, as the photos don't show the interior, this would be based on the size only.   MacNeale & Urban had interior jewelers chests in many of their safes, this little interior chest could increase the weight by 225 kg to 450 kg (500 to 1000 lbs) depending on its size.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)