Antique Safes/Moving a safe

Question
I have a safe that I will attempt to move.
The tag says Safe Manufactures National Association. Y120436 and SMNA-Class B Spec F1-D.  I would like to know the weight and is there any value other than scrap. It dosen't lock.

Answer
Mike,

You haven't provided me with any useful information, like the size of the safe!!!

The SMNA was a TESTING organization.   The only information that the tag provides about the safe are as follows:

Specification F1-D indicates that this is a "fire resistive safe with impacting testing"
The Classification "B" indicates that the safe is rated for 2 hours of fire resistance.
The "Y" in the serial number indicates the container originally sold for over $75.

Other than this the SMNA label provides NO information about the safe itself, just the STANDARD to which it was built.

This safe is basically a fire resistive safe ONLY, it is not a burglary resistive safe.   Also as it is over 50 years old, it does not meet current standards for fire resistance.

As far as the weight of the container, without seeing it, and/or having the interior and exterior dimensions of the container I would simply be guessing.

Sorry.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)