Antique Safes/1910 safe

Question
Hi Mike,
We have a Tann Safe 1910 fair condition. We are considering selling it.Could you advise who could best give us an appraisal of it's value and or where would be the best place to list this sort of thing? Thanks very much

Answer
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your question but as I am based in the UK, I have no idea what prices used safes will bring in the USA. If 1910 refers to the date it was made, it will be totally obsolete and have no practical function as a thief or fire resistant safe but may have some value as an antique.

I always advise enquirers from the UK to monitor safes for sale or auction on eBay.  Watch for a week or two and you will soon get a feel for current values.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer