Antique Safes/Antique Diebold Safe Lock

Question
Andy,
I have a turn of the century Diebold Safe with a missing combination lock.  Is there a place to purchase a replacement lock for it?
Thanks,
Tom

Answer
Tom,

Manufacturers ONLY make parts until the next version comes out.   There are no aftermarket sources and no one builds old locks because they do not meet current standards.

Parts are harvested or salvaged off of old safes when they are scrapped, however most companies obtain the parts for their own use and not specifically for sale.

If you know what lock that you need, then you will simply need to check with every safe company until you find one that might have one.

NOTE:  As this is NOT a big market, most companies are not interested in looking through their parts bins for an old lock, which means that they are going to charge extra for the obsolete lock, and probably some for their time.   if you are not a motivated buyer, they won't even waste time for you.

Sorry, I wish there was a better answer, but this is reality.    If you locate a company that DOES some restoration work on safes, they might be a little more willing to look for you.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)