Antique Safes/diebold 900

Question
diebold 900
diebold 900  

diebold 900-1
diebold 900-1  
hello Andy,
i have an open lug door money chest with a diebold 900 combination lock. the post office i got it from pried off the outer dial. the lock still functions as i can align the gates then engage the cam to the lever with the dial to retract the bolt. i see the cam key that needs to be removed to be able to remove the cam gear, then the spindle/dial.

my question is, are my next moves correct?
1) purchase a replacement dial with the correct size spindle (1/4 or 5/16)and install
2) obtain a change key for a new combo

Answer
John,

while Diebold does have replacement dial's (not the same as yours) with spindle kits to convert the lock from 1/4" to 5/16", I can't guarantee that they will work for your lock.   They also have the change key available for this lock as well.

Diebold does not publish "current" pricing, so I will have to talk to them to get pricing and correct part numbers.

They also have a current model lock, which may be necessary to work with the new dial, though you will need to swap the lock bolt from your lock to the new one or modify the new one to work with your door.   The new locks don't have the extended bolt.

If you want me to see what parts are available and/or pricing, send me an email request, so that I have your contact info, to  andy@securitysafeusa.com

Note:   Getting these parts is a one way street - if for some reason they don't fit correctly or don't work, there is no return policy.   This would be considered a special order.

I will also look through my old parts to see if I have any thing available that might work for you.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)