Antique Safes/Entering the Combination on a Challenger Steel Safe

Question
filing cabinet/safe
filing cabinet/safe  

combination lock
combination lock  
Hi, I was wondering if you might be able to assist me with how to enter the combination on an old Challenger Steel safe/filing cabinet. The combination is written down on the safe, 3 digits, 22 0 18, but no matter how I spin the dial, it won't unlock. I don't see any other mechanism to open it, like a handle, just the combination lock itself. Any advice you have would be appreciated!

Answer
Matthew,

I would try the following - one of them should work if this is the correct combination.

3 times right to the first number, 22
2 times left to the second number, 0
2 time right until the dial stops (around 18).

or

4 times left to the first number, 22
3 times right to the second number, 0
2 times left to the third numbe, 18
1 time right until the dial stops.

Note:  Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   Do not count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the index mark.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)