Antique Safes/Hall's Safe Year and Value

Question
Hall\'s Safe
Hall's Safe  
Hall\'s Safe tumbler
Hall's Safe tumbler  
QUESTION: I wanted to know what year this safe is? Does this safe have concrete in it? What is it worth. I don't have the combination.

This is a Hall's Safe CPS Co 6991

ANSWER: David, in its current condition not worth much at all.  It looks to be early 1900's and does contain insulation, which in the original Hall's fire safe patented in 1850? was called concrete, but yours would probably be an improved fire resistant insulation mixture.  Doug

QUESTION: the reason I asked about the concrete inside the safe was, is that a metal salvage will not buy, if is filled with concrete, any thoughts on that ? thanks david i appreciate you help

Answer
While I have never personally tried to scrap a fire safe , I have many times the yards won't take them because they get a good weight on the iron, without it first having the insulation removed, which they don't wont to have to do.   Some insulation can be removed fairly easily especially if it already dried up and cracking.  But that is the door I am talking about, as the doors get slammed, flex and are not sealed as well as the bodies. I suspect the bodies insulation to be in better condition resulting in it be a bit better shape and you would have to cut through the outer shell to get to it. Therefore it is not worth the trouble.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen