Antique Safes/John Tann safe

Question
Hi there, I have recently acquired a John Tann safe and would like some information on the model if possible ? I would like to know the year of manufacture, current cash rating and any info regarding its construction if possible .
From my records I believe it to be an early Tann fortress ( same as ratner 8500 ).
The serial number on middle bolt is SB 67360.
It is 32" in height (2315 size)
It has a full length Chrome hinge cover, three spoke Chrome handle and a stainless pull handle on the door . It has a kromer double bitted lock fitted ( flanged case )  and the boltwork is similar to the grade 1a  anti-punch style  . It has a glass plate fitted but only has a single passive relocker connected to this. I will upload some pictures when I get chance. Any information would be appreciated .
Thanks, Regards, Lee

Answer
Hello Lee,

Thanks for your question.

Strictly speaking this is not an antique safe and this site is not intended to be a forum for locksmiths, safe engineers or used safe dealers.

However, my records confirm this as a Size 32/2314 John Tann Fortress, which as you correctly observe, is the same as a Ratner 8500.  It was manufactured in early 1962.

The Association of Insurance Surveyors recommend a cash rating of 35,000.

The approximate weight is 1040kg so it would not require base fixing.  It has ABP barriers in both door and body and the rest of the technical spec you already seem to be familiar with.  That's as far as I would want to go on a public forum.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy  

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer