Antique Safes/Old Diebold safe

Question
I have an old diebold safe that my grandpa gave me but he lost the combination for years ago. I was wondering if there was a way to figure out the combination and how old it is. On the dial it reads Dibold safe & lock co  patented May 23, 1871  Canton Oh. There is a # on the left knob that reads 29 / 59997. I can send pics if needed.

Answer
Aaron,

I would be more than happy to look at your safe to see what I can tell you about it, however none of that information has anything to do with the combination.

While you can call Diebold's customer service at 1-800-DIEBOLD   I can already tell you that their records don't go back that far, and unless you are Bank of America, they aren't going to be too interested in helping you.

This basically leaves you with two options to get the safe open.   You can simply test all of the possible combinations for this lock, which may be as many as 100,000,000 possible combinations.
Your other option would be to have a safe tech from a local safe company open it for you.  They would recover and/or reset the combination.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located and I'll see who I know in your area.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)