Antique Safes/Safe deposit boxes

Question
mailbox
mailbox  

mailbox1
mailbox1  
We have this vintage box of 100 which I believe are safe deposit boxes with the keys. It is very heavy.

Not sure how old or what the value is. Maybe you can me tell me who would be interested.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Ron,

First question:   Do you have all of the customer and guard keys?   Do all of the boxes open and/or are operational?   do all of the boxes have bond boxes inside?

The word "vintage" does NOT apply to old banking equipment.  It describes the age of a wine bottling or harvest.   Old equipment has no "vintage".

As far as who might be interested in the safe deposit box nests - hardly anyone will.  The banking industry does not buy used equipment like this, especially obsolete equipment where replacement parts are going to be few and far between.   While you may find someone interested in the nests eventually, this would require your ability to hang on to them, for possibly over 10 years while you are advertising.

I do have one company in Oklahoma that specializes in older equipment like this.   They may be interested in it, but they will not be buying it to use as is, they will probably strip all of the usable parts.   Obviously any price they offer will be substantially less than you are probably hoping for.
Generally, for items like this - we would simply charge you to haul it away.

Underwood Safe & Vault, Inc.
1-800-642-8763
580-584-7733
580-584-7720 fax
underwoodsafe@yahoo.com

Send them photos of the containers, as well as, be prepared to answer the questions above.  They may be interested, if not you can always try Ebay or Craigslist.

Sorry, wish the answer was better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)