Antique Safes/The United states steel and lock CO

Safe photo
Safe photo  
I have come across a safe that is from "The United states steel and lock CO".  The combo lock is from Yale.  It appears quite old and I'm looking to find out any information about it.  The safe is open and I have photos if you need them.  It does say The United states steel and lock CO New York - Chicago. I could not find any other markings on it.  

Doug, I think this is second U.S. Steel Safe and Lock  safe that hes shown up on here.  On the other one there is US inside a circle logo.  The United States Steel Corp used a USS inside a circle so we can pretty much say there is no connection with the steel company.  In a former life I was employed in USS mill here in Ohio.  A pretty typical fire safe from the late 1800's or early 1900's and possibly made Syracuse Safe of Rochester NY.  Hope this helps a little.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place