Antique Safes/vulcan safe

Question
Vulcan Safe
Vulcan Safe  
I have a vulcan safe, solid as a rock, on 4 small wheels.  Dimensions are 11" x 14"; 15" high.

I was wondering what the value of this safe would be?  It was my grandparents, then passed down to my dad.  It dates back to the mid 1920's atleast.
Nancy

Answer
Nancy, old safes in that size seem to be pretty collectable so I would say at least a couple hundred, even in that condition.  It is strange that Vulcan did not list its city of manufacture, which would indicate they were mail order only.  I have never seen one here in Cleveland, OH, not that I would have seen every safe ever made, but that does tend to support the mail order only logic.  Tracking down info on the company or companies that made them is proving to be quite difficult but I suspect eventually an advertisement for them will turn up.  Almost guaranteed they came out of Cincinnati.  It appears there were 3 basic models with yours being the smallest.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen