Antique Safes/Antique Safe

Question
Antique Safe
Antique Safe  
Antique Safe
Antique Safe  
QUESTION: I bought a camp, and this safe was in the basement. I was just wondering if it was worth anything before I scrap it.

The name on the safe is Rieseck Bro Pittsburgh Pa
Any Ideas about how old or what the value is?
Thanks Steve

ANSWER: Stephen, while I don't want to imply you have found the mother lode, please do not attempt to scrap or destroy that safe.  Reiseck & Bro. dating to at least 1861, later became the Pittsburg Safe Co. by the 1870's  The cast iron roping and oval panels puts that safe into a collectable category, especially so in a restored condition.   Doug  

QUESTION: So what is the mother lode worth? And were can i try to sell it?

Answer
I don't collect myself so pricing it is a little difficult.  Safes with the oval panels are pretty rare and ideal for restoration.  But getting it out of the basement can be expensive.  If it was on ground level I would think you could easily get $1000 or even more.  Without closer inspection I am not sure it was made by Reieck as it looks so much like a couple other Cinci makers I have seen.  Can you post pictures of the lock?  And where are you in PA?  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen