Antique Safes/Asbestos in an old safe mfr. Major Safe Company

Question
I recently bought a safe (I'd guess about 40-50 years old) and noticed that a white powder continues to sift through the bottom of the door.  Upon removing the inside cover of the door I discovered that the concrete type material lining the inside of the door was cracked in several spots and was degrading and breaking down to the point that it likely shifts every time the door is opened or closed, further breaking down the concrete material into powder.
As I was looking at it, the thought occured to me that this might be asbestos.  So, that is my question, is it?  And if so, what do you recommend.  (I was thinking of coating it all with some sort of adhesive, like liquid nail.)

The make and model no is:

Ser.  221079
Model. 4820
ID No. B634824

Thanks:

Gene

Answer
Gene,

The Major Safe Company (now owned by AMSEC), never used asbestos in any of their products, however if you are concerned and would like the material tested, you can either utilize a local HAZMAT testing facility or you can obtain a home test kit from your local Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hdw or CVS Pharmacy, or by going to:   http://www.prolabinc.com/asbestos-test-kits.asp

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)