Antique Safes/Need help with pictures of a Safe.....

Question
I am in the process of restoring a Maiser Brothers Safe that was from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Circa 1880.  

There is no paint or markings left on this Safe at all, however, the Safe and the combination works great.

I am trying to find some pictures of what it used to look like when it was new and have tried everywhere.

Would you know where or who I could contact to find this information?  I am at a loss and don't know how to proceed at this point.  I would very much like for it to look as "original" as possible.

Thank you for any assistance you can assist me with.

Bobby Butler  

Answer
Bobby,

All of the Maiser safes that I have photos of have no art work either.   The only one that has any real markings were their name and city on the Castor supports.   This was a casting and not simply a painting.

Best recommendation that I would have, would be to use a "script" which would be period correct, and simply put the name of the manufacturer, with the city underneath.

Sorry, I can't be of more help, but there are not a lot of examples of this manufacturer around.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)