Antique Safes/parts for old safe

Question
I just purchased an old safe that I believe is a Gibralter by the Howe Scale Co.
Someone has drilled through the door beside the lock handle.  They evidently drove a punch into the loop that connects the handle to the arm that the lock-pins are attached to.  I believe that is is made of cast iron, because a portion of the loop is broken (not bent) and missing so that the handle will not push the lock pins into the locked position.  Is there anywhere that I can buy repair parts, or do I need to have them made.
The number 63 is written in 2 or 3 locations.  
The arm that the lock pins are attached to is stamped with the number 142.
The round head of the lock handle is stamped with 257364.
The number 520 is stamped also - I don't recall where.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Answer
Kraig,

The Howe Scale Company was NOT a manufacturer of safes.   They were a distributor, and sold safes made by a couple different companies.   The "Gibralter" lable was a logo that they used on some of their safes.   Some of the safes that they sold were made by Victor Safe & Lock Company, and by J. Baum Safe Company.

As J. Baum Safe has been out of business since the early 1920's, and Victor Safe & Lock Safes have not been available since around 1926, finding replacement parts could be difficult.   Unless you find a similar safe to obtain "donor" parts from, your probable option would be to have them made.   Most machine shops are only interested in doing large "lot" jobs, so finding one that will make individual parts may be a little more difficult, unless you have fabrication talent and/or the equipment to make your parts.

The numbers that you are "quoting" have no meaning to anyone except the factories, which are out of business.   As parts diagrams and/or manuals were never published by the manufacturers, the numbers are useless in most cases.

So as it appears to me, your first order of business would be to actually identify WHAT you have (safe manufacturer), second item would be to identify WHAT parts actually need repair and/or replacement.   Third item would be to find a machine shop to fabricate the items.

Fabrication MAY require handfitting the item to your door.   Again, drawings of the parts are not available, and as the machine shop is NOT going to be making a thousand of these items, it will have to be hand fitted, in addition to any machining.

While you can look around for machine shops in your area, I have a machine shop next door to my shop that will work on items like this, and I also have a small machine shop in my garage, which I use for small projects.   If you don't have a machine shop in mind, I would be happy to give you an estimate, but I will need to have good photos of the door, and parts which you are interested in.

Some of your parts may be repaired, again however, without having the door in my hands to evaluate, I have no idea if they will require repairs or replacement.

Hope this helps.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)