Antique Safes/Restoration

Question
Andy,  I have an old J. Baum safe. It is in bad need of a restoration. I am sure it will cost more to restore it than the safe is worth, but it has family history value, so I would like to restore it. It is 33"tall( not including the wheels), 27" wide and 25" deep and weighs, I think, about 500 to 600 pounds.
I live in New England and am looking for someone in this general area that my be able to restore it. The only missing part is a wheel and one ear support for that wheel that is broken off.  
It has been sitting out side for a few years and is rusty, but the dial turns.  The picture on the front is fading, but still there as are the painted scrolls on the door.
I did ask Mr. Doug MacQueen if he knew of anyone and sadly for me, the closest person he knew who may be able to help me lived in Ohio. I am asking you also in hopes you may know of someone closer to my locale that can help as shipping just one way would be way more than the safe is worth. HELP, Thanks, Bill

Answer
Bill,

I'm in California and have no idea what area that "New England" would encompass.   Would that be all of the original 13 Colonies, or just the Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island???

Let's see, if Doug recommend someone in Ohio, it was probably Matt Lamborn (Matt's Antique Safe Restoration)

Probably closer to you would be either:

Precision Lock & Safe
516-616-0854     Elaad or Dov Israeli
240 Jericho Turnpike,
Floral Park, NY   11001

Accu-Safes Inc.
516-752-3893     Neal Krazalowski
112 Newtown Road,
Plainview, NY  11803

While I know that these aren't in "New England", they are closer than Ohio.

You will have to discuss any work that you would like done and a budget with them to determine the total cost.

Hope this helps.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)