Antique Safes/safe repair

Question
I am looking to have an antique safe refurbished.  I don't believe that I have the equipment or knowledge to do it and want to have someone that knows what they are doing do it.  Is this something that you do?
Terry

Answer
Terry,

While we do a certain amount of restoration work, it isn't our line of business.   In the entire US, there are probably only 1/2 dozen people that do restoration work.  As we are in California, shipping your safe to me for service, repairs and restoration would significantly add to the cost of any work.

I have one friend in Iowa that does some restoration work, but generally he does it on his safes, and sells them.   I don't know that he does it for "hire".   I also have another friend in Ohio that does restoration work, you would have to talk to him to discuss pricing.

You can give these guys a call to discuss any potential work.

Bill Pilger
pilbil@msn.com
319-759-5296
West Burlington, IA

Matt's Antique Safe Restoration
gosigns@neo.rr.com
419-606-3168
Ashland, OH

Hopefully one of these guys can help.   Your other options would be to possibly check out the art department at a local college or community college to see if they would be interested in taking on your safe as a restoration project.   if not, they MAY still have a talented student that would be willing to work on it as a project for some $$$$'s.

hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)