Antique Safes/Challenger Steel Products-Brooklyn NewYork

Maximum wrote at 2012-05-29 23:29:25
Have you yet figured this out. i too am looking to unlock my cabinate safe it has the number 6262 on the rotary, can u plz let me know how you went about opening it. thanks!

Matthew wrote at 2012-11-28 02:24:32
Well, if you still have the safe, I have the exact same cabinet with 4292 combination model. The code to mine is 22 0 18. Hopefully this works for you! These are a neat antique, and I would hate to see them destroyed to get at the contents.

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place