Antique Safes/Safe-Cabinet Standard L.E. Type

Larry Paul wrote at 2015-08-01 02:33:12
1. Turn the combination lock 4-5 times to the right (clock wise) stop on (First number)

2. Then turn the lock (counter clock wise) 3 times and stop on second number

3. Turn the lock to the right (clock wise) 2 times and stop on the third number

4. Turn the lock (counter clock wise) 1 time and stop on the forth final number and safe should open.  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place