Antique Safes/direction of dial

Question
I have an.old safe built by, SAFECABINET LABORATORY. ser.# S1039, its on a metal tag,  centered on the backside. Inside it has a #, 3951 M.E. SAFE. I have the 4-digit combination, but cant figure out the #dial rotation sequence. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time,,, jim

Answer
Jim, a 4 digit combination?  Typically a Yale 3 wheel lock and here is an example of a sample combination.          Right 4 times to 65          Left  3 times to 15          Right 2 times to 45          Left to Stop          This last "Left to stop" is where the lock bolt retracts allowing the bolt handle to turn.  Substitute your numbers for mine in this example and give it try.   Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen