Antique Safes/phillip and son

Question
hasent got one
hasent got one  
I have a phillips and son safe double door its been broken into and is knackerd- i do have a photo of it-but not sure how to send it il av a go! all i need to now is how much it weighs so i can scrap it.-its in the Eagles hotel LLanrwst-North Wales-no im not stealing it!!

Answer
Hello Richard,

Thanks for battling with technology - I received your picture OK. I have copies of the original literature on Phillips safes but although they give dimensions and prices, they don't give weights.  So, I can only make a guestimate.  The space between the inner and outer bodies will be filled with sand and sawdust, which will weigh a considerable amount.  You don't give me any sizes but it looks to be over 50" tall so I would expect it to weigh at least 1 ton.  If you want detail of safe removal companies in your area, let me know and I will recommend someone.

I can understanding it being knackered, I would feel the same way if I was over 100 years old.  Glad to hear you aren't going to run off with it.

Mike Palme FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer