Antique Safes/Safe

Can you tell me if there's a site that has the mechanical working's of a safe from the late 1800's. It's from the Halls Safe & Lock Co. of  Cicinatti, OH.

Well no, Tina, and may I ask, just what is your intent when armed with such information.  To cause injury to the unsuspecting subject?  Very few DIYers are qualified and/or equipped to successfully open safes without unnecessary damage even with this information.  Post a picture and let's see what you have, but it is unlikely that I would give out the info you seek.  Or maybe I assume too much here.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place