Antique Safes/guardian wombourne

Question
Hi

Can you tell if the above safe is fireproof?  This is a large sturdy safe and guardian wombourne is the only identification I can find on it.  

Thanks
Jackie

Answer
Hello Jackie,

Thanks for your question.  The term 'fire proof' is not longer used as it is an ambiguous term.  We now refer to safes as 'fire resistant' and quote a specific fire test certification.

Guardian made a wide range of safes; some were designed to protect cash and valuables whilst others secured paper records from loss by fire.  So I would need to see a picture of the safe to know what type it is (they all say Guardian Wombourne - it is where they were made).  

If it is easier, you can send pictures to me directly at info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk  If you could send me two shots; one with the door closed showing the entire front of the safe, and one with it open showing the door thickness and the bolt-work.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer