Antique Safes/herring hill marvin file

Hi Terry, I'm sorry to bother you AGAIN! (See 9/16/13 correspondence) Thank you for telling me that the sent in pictures were indeed of a filing cabinet and not safe - but where do I go to find anything about the filing cabinet?  I have done many searches and find nothing on this one compartment lifting file cabinet.  Thank you!

I'm not sure what info you are looking for???   Filing cabinets are generally NOT collectible - unless you collect "office equipment", and as there is NOT a following, there is no demand for information.

Unfortunately if you are the only one in the world interested in these items, then you are also going to be the most knowledgeable person in the world.

As far as manufacturers catalogs or information goes, once a company goes out of business, everyone pretty much throws away all the info concerning these items.   Very few people plan on saving stuff for 50-100 years until it becomes collectible.    Even the few catalogs that I have ONLY have info about their safes.

Chances are you are not going to find much info.    About the ONLY possibility that I can give you would be to contact Diebold.   Diebold acquired Herring-Hall-Marvin in 1959, and subsequently closed them down between 1962-64.   Unfortunately, unless you are contacting Diebold with a $50,000 order for products, they are generally less than eager to help - even to people in the trade.    They really don't care about products from a subsidiary company from over 50 years ago.

Sorry I wish the answer was better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada