Antique Safes/Migh-T-Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  
Hello Terry,

My aunt has inherited my uncle's two migh-T-safes but she has no idea how to open them. She has turned that responsibility over to me. They are both installed in the concrete floor and we do have combinations. What we lack are dials on which to enter the combos. Do the dials secure with the two Phillips screws and flip over or did uncle Al hide them somewhere devious?

Are replacement dials even available? Are they generic?

Thanks for your help

Answer
Joe,

this must be my "Migh-T-Safe" year.   I've probably gone over 15 years without seeing hide nor hair of one, and this year, I've been getting at least one every month!   and YOU have two of them!

I'm not sure how you "inherit" a safe which is installed in concrete???    Inherit the house, yes, but the safes come with the house!    Sorry, just a thought!

The dials are removeable, which means that your uncle probably hid them somewhere.   They DO NOT secure with a screw.   The dial has two pins installed, the center is an aligning pin, and the outer one is a drive pin.

I've got at least ONE brand new Migh-T-Safe dial still in the box.    I don't know if I have a second one or not, but I may have another dial which will work as a replacement.

Send an email to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com     to remind me to look for it, as I'll forget about it by tomorrow.   Sorry, I'm getting old!

I notice you are in California - we are in the San Francisco Bay area, if that makes it easier.

The dialing sequence is very specific for these locks, so make sure that you have the complete instructions for your safes, and not just the numbers or it may not open.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)