Antique Safes/mosler class T20 F1-D cat.362001

Question
what is the weight and does it have a value they are throwing it ouit where I work

Answer
Robert,

Have no idea, and have no idea!

As you didn't provide any useful information like size of the safe (interior and exterior), I have no idea how large your safe is, and therefore, how much it might weigh.

As far as a "value", without seeing the container, I have no way of evaluating it.

Sorry, but my wife broke my crystal ball about the same time that she killed my money tree!

I would be more than happy to look at the safe evaluate it for you, but I'll need full photos inside and out, along with measurements.

As far as the information that you have provided, this is basically information from the testing agencies only.   The "F1-D" SMNA specification only indicates that the safe is a "fire" resistive safe.  The UL "T-20" burglary rating, indicates that the container is "TAMPER" resistant for 20 minutes, NOT burglary resistive.

As the container has an SMNA label on it, it would be over 50 years old, and does not meet any current standards for fire resistance, and as mentioned this is NOT a burglary resistive container.

So basically it has no value as a fire resistant or burglary resistant container.   It also has no retail or commercial value.   While it may still have some value I will need to see it to evaluate it.    If they are simply throwing it out, and if it is in operational condition, and has a working combination, then the price isn't wrong.    However, if you are looking for a safe that meets both fire and burglary standards, then I would recommend not wasting your time with it.

Send photos of the safe to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com    and I'll take a look at it for you.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)