Antique Safes/Thomas Withers Free Standing Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  

Plate
Plate  
Hi, My client has a Thomas Withers Free Standing Safe and insurers want to know the safe limit or model all I have are a few picture with the details on and I wondered if you could help?

Answer
Hello Tony,

Your client's insurers have already been in touch with me.  I advised them that it is almost certainly a Thomas Withers Vulcan, a low grade petty cash and document safe.  The flat bolt-work suggests that this is one of the earlier models, probably manufactured in the late 1930's or early 40's.  It is listed by the Association of Insurance Surveyors who recommend a maximum overnight cash holding of just 1,000 or 10,000 in domestic valuables.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer