Antique Safes/Basinc floor vault/safe

Question
Hi,   In line with another motorhome owner with a "Basinc floor safe in his unit, I have the same safe in my 1992 Prevost/Bus Motorhome.  The company was then located in Hunington Beach California...but not around today.  I don't have the combination to open it. The instruction on original tag says "Turn dial 4 times to left past 50, and stop on the number 50 on the 4th turn.  Then turn dial to right until it stops somewhere between 90 and zero.  But that did not work.  
If it is a three tumbler safe, shouldn't it go left to 50as above, then right to 50 then back legt again to 50 or whatever number till it allows opening it?   Only the number 50 is in the instructions.   Can a locksmith open it without destroying it and reset combo? Thanks, Bob.
PS, The serial number is #17570.  It is a model Basinc C3.

Answer
Bob,

The original combination from the factory was set on "50", the dialing sequence would have been:

4 times left TO 50,
1 time right until the dial stops (around 90).

The combination SHOULD have been set to a real combination, after it was installed, or at a minimum, after the coach was sold.   You might want to talk to the coach dealer to see if they have any records.

As far as the serial number - sorry but without the factory records it doesn't do anyone any good.   

As I'm NOT aware of this company (Basinc) as a manufacturer, I'm wondering if they weren't buying safes made by someone else, and relabeling them for sale, strictly to the coach/motorhome industry?????

I would need to see what you have to try to give you any other advice.

As far as having a locksmith open the safe - I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work, as they generally do not have the training, knowledge or tools to work on safes without causing excessive damage or charging exhorbant fees.   While safe techs are generally locksmiths also, locksmiths are RARELY also locksmiths!   Contact a local safe company to have their safe tech check it out.   If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you and/or the safe are located (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

If you would like to send photos of the safe to me, so that I can see what you have, and possibly offer a direction to try, feel free to send photos of it to me at:  andy@securitysafeusa.com.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)