Antique Safes/HALL'S PATENT Safe

Question
INSIDE DOOR
INSIDE DOOR  

FRONT DOOR
FRONT DOOR  
To Terry Andreasen, Doug Macqueen and others that are knowledg, antique safe experts; Good morning.  We have a family safe that I am looking to have restored by an individual in Ohio.  I am told that you have many years of experience and are considered very knowledgeable when it comes to safes that are considered antiques.  I have attached a couple of pictures for your review.  The dimensions of the safe are H:  w/wheels - 36"  W: 21"  D: 19 1/2"  The door is 15" x 20".  I would like to know when and where it was produced and if possible, the weight.  From what my relatives tell me, the safe has been in the family since the early 1900's(??).  Some think my great grandparents had it which would date it back to the 1800's.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Semper Fi! Frank (410) 409-2437

Answer
Frank,

The manufacturer would be the "Hall's Safe & Lock Company" (1867-1892), Cincinnati, Oh.   In order to come up with a time frame that the safe was possibly built, I will need the serial number off of the ball of the handle.

Weight - I would hav to estimate at around 1250 lbs  (1000 to 1500 lbs).

What other questions do you have.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)