Antique Safes/repairs for Diebold / Kienzle safe

Question
QUESTION: I have a Diebold/Kienzle safe on the dial it has patented Aug 1870. I need the slide bolt and drop lever/fence for it. Someone took it out so as to keep it from being locked. I would like to restore it if I could find the parts for it.

ANSWER: Fred,

Sorry parts haven't been made for this safe since 1875 or this lock since around 1880.  Chances of finding a replacement part are pretty much slim to none.

Your options would include having a new lever/bolt assembly made for your lock, or simply leaving it the way it is.

Send me photos of your safe and lock, and I'll see if I have any photos or perhaps a drawing of the missing items.

If you don't have the fabrication capabilities, you might have to have a machinist make the part for you, though cost could be expensive.

Send me your photos to :    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Diebold/Kienzle
Diebold/Kienzle  
QUESTION: This is the only photo at this time.

Answer
Fred,

That doesn't look like a standard "Diebold & Kienzel" lock, it looks like a Diebold or S&G regular bolt lock.    This definitely isn't a lock I would have expected to see on your safe, which leads me to believe that the original may have been replaced at some point.

I'll have to look through my parts to see if I have a bolt and lever for this lock, or possibly a complete lock.

I'll need you to send a request directly to my email so that I can look for the lock on Monday.   If you don't send it directly to my email, I will forget about it by then.

andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)