Antique Safes/help on a safe plack

Question
Hi I'm after help on a safe I have I'm trying to find out about the company that made it and try and get a rough date for it but I cannot find any trace of them.
The safe has a brass name plate on it which reads The "universal" safe co and on the brass lock cover reads The unpickable lock if this helps ?? I recently saw on eBay a safe go that had the same paint work the brass handle was the same as its a hand holding a scroll it was identical to mine apart from the brass name plate which had Samuel writhers on it and was described as a Victorian safe ?? Any information would be greatly appreciated to shed some light on my safe regards Matt

Answer
Without a picture it is difficult to be too precise but there were many manufacturers who made these low quality safes, which were all very similar to look at.
Yours is probably1900 to1940
I am afraid that they have little security or collectable value.

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon