Antique Safes/Antique Lytle Safe & Lock Co.

Ihave a Lytle Safe & Lock Co. and wonder what it may worth? If you provide an e-mail address I could send it to you.

Scott Huys

Scott, Lytle Safe was in business from 1890 to 1895 so we know it is an old style cast iron.  Safes of that vintage do not tend to be worth much as there are so many of them around.  Yes, a picture would help but I suspect not that much.  If it has original paint in good or better condition, and it is either a small end table size or large enough to be used as a rifle safe, then you may have something.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place