Antique Safes/cary safe

Question
I would like any information on a safe I recently purchased it is made by the Cary Safe Company out of Rochester New York it is awesome and works amazing for its age and so I was wondering if there was any way of knowing when made by its serial number is 155507 any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Derrick

Answer
Derrick,

Cary Safes were made in "BUFFALO, NY", not Rochester, NY.   If the lock was from the Sargent & Greenleaf company, it may have been made in Rochester.

With a serial number of 1555507, the safe would have been made between 1916-1920 (probably closer to 1918).  Also with this serial number, I would also expect it to have a Yale Y6 lock, and NOT an S&G lock.

This obviously brings up the question of where did you come up with the "Rochester, NY" from????  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)