Antique Safes/Diebold 1921 round safe door

Question
Inside of door
Inside of door  
I have a diebold round safe door that is in beautiful an perfect state. I was trying to get a ball park figure of its value. If you have any info please email and I can get any additional info to you.  Thanks chad

Answer
Chad, it looks like a vault door not a safe, and a very nice one at that.  I don't follow ebay but I know that several doors have been put on there.  Round doors need a lot of clearance to swing, so that really limits the buyers.  Generally speaking, if at all possible, I recommend leaving them in place.  If the decision has already been made to remove it, with a good understanding of the high costs involved, ie the building is to be torn down, then you might have a good chance of getting a decent price for it.  That vault door was not cheap when it was purchased and in todays dollars would be in the hundreds of thousands.  You will not get anywhere close to that.  But if the buyer has the need, desire and the money (think billionaire art collector) for a door like that, in my mind it is easily worth in the tens of thousands not including the labor to remove and install, which can also run in the tens of thousands.  Given the apparent good current condition of the door, it must be protected from damage if it is to be removed, and the best way to do that is to pull the door and jamb out together.  Contact Monday Security in East St. Louis.  They may be interested and they know how to remove/install them.  Of course they will want a whole sale price, since they will resell it.  Please keep me informed what happens by email.  macslocks "at" gmail. com   And send me some pictures.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen